Robert William Corl
Robert William Corl as
Marco Polo at the Venetian Hotel and Casino, in Las Vegas, Nevada
Mr. Corl holds a BA in Music Education and an MA in Opera Performance from Temple University in Philadelphia. He appeared as Papageno in Opera Pacifica’s debut performance of Mozart’s Magic Flute, which featured Metropolitan Opera Star Cyndia Seiden as the Queen of the Night. A versatile and veteran actor and opera performer, Robert has delighted audiences with such roles as Don Jose (Carmen), Canio (Pagliacci), Turridu (Cavalleria Rusticana, and Werther (Werther). Robert performed under contract at the Venetian Resort and Casino in Las Vegas delighting crowds with his daily renditions of such tenor classics as Nessun Dorma and La Donna e Mobile. (acting credits)
Robert Corl's opera roles include Alfredo, La Traviata (Verdi), Manrico, Il Trovatore (Verdi), Eisenstein, Die Fledermaus (Strauss), Rodolfo, La Boheme (Puccini), Pinkerton, Madama Butterfly (Puccini), Calaph, Turandot (Puccini), Turridu, Cavalleria Rusticana (Mascagni), Canio/Pagliaccio, Pagliacci, (Leoncavallo), Don José, Carmen (Bizet), Des Grieux, Manon (Massenet), Werther, Werther (Massenet), and Papageno, Magic Flute (Mozart).
Robert has often prepared his tenor repertoire with Nico Castel in New York City. Mr. Castel is world famous for his books on opera libretti and diction (http://www.castelopera.com/nico.htm). With over 30 years at the Met and more than 200 character tenor roles to his credit, Mr. Castel is "...the undisputed authority on multi-lingual diction both here in the United States and internationally...", according to long-time friend and fellow performer, Placido Domingo.
Robert has recorded his first CD, An American Tenor in China, with conductor Claudia Simpson-Jones and the 80-piece China Opera and Dance Symphony of Beijing. The album features a dozen world famous tenor arias, and is published by Figaro, Records, Inc. For copies, contact Robert at email@example.com.
Included on the CD:
1. Ch'Ella Mi Creda, Fanciulla del West, Giacomo Puccini (listen)
2. Mes Amis, Ecoutez L'Histoire, Le Postillon Du Lonjumeau, Adam (listen)
3. Recondia Armonia, Tosca, Puccini (listen)
4. E Lucevan Le Stelle, Tosca, Puccini (listen)
5. La Donna E Mobile, Rigoletto, Verdi (listen)
6. Che Gelida Manina, La Boheme, Puccini (listen)
7. Salut! Demeure Chaste Et Pure, Faust, Gounod (listen)
8. Questo, O Quella, Rigoletto, Verdi (listen)
9. Nessun Dorma, Turandot, Puccini (listen)
10. La Fleur Que Tu M'Avais Jetee, Carmen, Bizet (listen)
11. Pourquoi Me Reveiller?, Werther, Massenet (listen)
12. Pour Mon Ame, La Fille du Regiment, Donizetti (listen)
Founded in 2002.
Copyright© 2002-2012 Opera Pacifica, Inc.
Visit our area links page
Quantum Leap Computing